Future Programmes Officer
- Reference UK-HP-4453
- Location Harwell, UK
- Closing date 01 March 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Future Programmes Officer to support our customer in the United Kingdom.Future Programmes Officer
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The incumbent will assist in providing strategic guidance to the TIA Directorate’s business development activities in preparation of future market-oriented programme proposal.
- Provide technical, financial and business plan analysis of market opportunities, evaluate potential ARTES programme action and make recommendations with the objective of ensuring long term growth of ARTES and related ESA programmes in a commercial setting, including in institutional markets and in the digital economy beyond space;
- Ensure close cooperation across the Directorate for the creation of future strategic programme lines, next generation telecom space systems and innovative financing solutions;
- Support the initiation of new TIA programme proposals;
- Coordinate the contributions of the Directorate to the Agency’s transversal activities;
- Participate to the elaboration of documents of strategic nature and of coordinated programme proposals in collaboration with other Directorates;
- Support the relationship and the negotiations of agreements with European Union, national institutions and industry;
- Contribute to the market intelligence and strategic communications activities of the Office;
- Provide unbiased programmatic expertise on on-going and planned activities;
- Assessing the business environment evolution for satcom, terrestrial telecom and space and potential impact to the satcom key stakeholders;
- Identifying and justifying selected business partners to focus on (as a combination of demand/partner pull and techno/industry push) using key criteria of relevance and impact for industry competitiveness and introduction of innovation;
- Analysing opportunities with the selected business partners, in some of the focus areas identified in business exploration (5G, satellite constellations, artificial intelligence). The analysis must be based on structured action plans and result in justified roadmaps leading to further business consolidation actions;
- Prepare action plans and development of roadmaps in close cooperation with relevant stakeholders (e.g. SatCom and terrestrial industry) in order to foster the use of innovative SatCom solutions including 5G;
- Perform trade-offs between different concepts/technologies to optimize the end-to-end system;
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or physics or equivalent qualification;
- Business or marketing degree (MBA or other relevant qualification);
- Significant demonstrated industrial experience in satellite telecommunication systems or cellular telecommunication systems, or other relevant technical fields (e.g. AI);
- Significant demonstrated design, including substantial experience in satellite payload, platform or telecommunication end-to-end system engineering;
- Ability to interact at top management levels with potential new business partners;
- Willingness to travel, when required;
- Expertise in and knowledge of business development in the European and international commercial space sector, including in institutional markets, and/or digital economy;
- Experience in change processes by adoption of new processes, opportunity management, investment schemes;
- Familiar with driving strategic engagement through international business partnerships between space, telecom or media and vertical markets (e.g. transport, energy, health, government, security);
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Harwell. We welcome applicants who are available from March 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Viktoria Panicharova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job UK-HP-4453 before 01-Mar-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA