Functional Propulsion Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-4869
- Location Bremen, Germany
- Closing date 19 August 2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Functional Propulsion Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Propulsion team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Definition of the Propulsion System Architecture based on System level requirement definition manifested in Propulsion System Specifications;
- Translate Propulsion System specifications toward Components/Products
- Contribute to Propulsion System verification and validation;
- Developing engineering models needed for the design, qualification and verification of the Propulsion System;
- Modelling fluidic behaviour in propellant tanks under typical aerospace relevant conditions such as microgravity using CFD software;
- Thermodynamic understanding of the behaviour of cryogenic propellants within tanks under dynamic conditions;
- Evaluation and interpretation of results;
- Model Configuration Management;
- Contributing to the documentation.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Bachelor’s level of education in relevant field: Aerospace, engineering etc.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the propulsion field;
- Advanced knowledge in Propulsion System Modelling;
- Experience with CFD (Flow3D);
- Background of Thermodynamics will be considered an asset;
- Good communication skills to ensure the flow of information;
- The ability to integrate into a team;
- High level of responsibility, resilience and organisational skills;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of German and another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Bremen.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Vicente Gracia, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-4869 before 15-Aug-22.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.