Frequency Management Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4075
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 21 May 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space.
We are currently looking for a Frequency Management Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Frequency Management of Earth Observation Directorate in ESTEC you will have the following responsibilities:
- Supporting the identification of the technology requirements for future Earth observations missions;
- Monitoring the evolving frequency needs of future EO missions, including early concepts, and potential conflicts with competing areas;
- Participating in the work of technical committees relevant for EO in the framework of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the European Conference of Postal & Telecommunications Administrations (CEPT) and the Space Frequency Coordination Group (SFGG);
- Conducting studies to support the ESA position in the above mentioned committees,
- Performing technical studies and analyses related to frequency spectrum management and interference assessment;
- Developing and using RFI simulation software tools (typically based on STK, Excel with VBA and Matlab;
- Reporting on frequency management matters and contributing to reports to Delegate Bodies;
- Coordinating with the ESA Frequency Management Office;
- Supporting missions under preparation through, e.g. participation to reviews, assessment of industrial results, evaluation of proposals in reply to calls.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in Electrical/Electronics/Telecom Engineering (PhD or Msc);
- Background and experience in satellite systems, space projects and associated sub-system technology developments;
- Experience with simulation tools, including Matlab, Excel with VBA and STK;
- Experience in microwave remote sensing techniques used in Earth Observation missions, knowledge of Radio Regulations;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Agnieszka Iwanczuk via the website www.hespace.com/vacancies, ASAP but no later than 21-May-19 quoting job NL-HP-4075