Flight Dynamics Operations Engineer (AOCS)
- Reference DE-HP-4250
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 18 March 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Flight Dynamics Operations Engineer (AOCS) to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The primary areas of responsibility for this service is Test and Validation for AOCS related processes and products of Science Missions, (primarily related to JUICE), including the following tasks:
- Test and Validation:
- Execution of and support to operational tasks
- Validation of operational Flight Dynamics data products, such as command parameter sets, reports, event predictions and acquisition data before delivery to FCT and other users)
- Flight Dynamics Application Layer:
- Maintenance of elements of the Flight Dynamics Application Layer
- Flight Dynamics System Development:
- Specification of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements
- Implementation of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements
- Installation of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements on operational platform(s)- design, coordination and implementation of tests
- Participation in tests
- Definition and maintenance of procedures
- Flight Dynamics (Sub-)System configuration and definition of Test & Validation processes
- Coordination of interfaces and activities across subsystems
- General Flight Dynamics operations engineering activities
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in a relevant engineering field, astronomy, mathematics or physics;
- Analytical approach to technical problems to develop and implement engineering solutions;
- Thorough understanding of fundamental laws and phenomena in mathematics and physics;
- Very good skills in linear algebra and calculus;
- Very good skills in classical mechanics;
- Experience in computer programming;
- Experience in programming object-oriented languages, preferably C++;
- Experience with Linux;
- Familiarity with Flight Dynamics operations engineering tasks;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from June 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Chiara Grossardi, clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-4250 before 18-Mar-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.