Flight Dynamics Operations Engineer
- Reference DEB-HP-4102
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 05 July 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space.
We are currently looking for a Flight Dynamics Operations Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Trajectory Optimisation focusing on the three-body problem especially in the Sun-Earth and the Earth-Moon three body system;
- Navigation and Guidance for Mission Analysis;
- Concurrent Design Studies for space missions;
- Mission Analysis Tools Development, environmental models, numerical integration techniques, local and global optimisation techniques and algorithms;
- Mission Analysis for human spaceflight beyond the Earth orbit;
- Activity status via monthly reports or ad-hoc when requested;
- Update/production of specific deliverable documentation (e.g. Technical Notes, software documentation, design documentation, interface definitions).
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in a relevant Engineering field, Astronomy, Mathematics or Physics;
- Knowledge to develop solutions to technical problems in cooperation with customers and other experts;
- Ability to define, implement, validate and operate software (e.g. Unix and/or Linux scripting languages, Fortran 77 and/or 95, C++);
- Experience in Trajectory Optimisation focusing on the three-body-problem especially in the Sun-Earth and the Earth-Moon three-body-systems;
- Experience in Navigation and Guidance techniques for Mission Analysis activities;
- Experience with Concurrent Design Studies for space missions;
- Experience in Mission Analysis Tools Development, environmental models, numerical integration techniques, local and global optimisation techniques and algorithms;
- Knowledge about operational and ground segment aspect in the mission/architecture design;
- Knowledge about the special requirements of human spaceflight beyond the Earth Orbit;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from August 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Mr Görkem Ercan clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ASAP but no later than 05-Jul-19 quoting job DED-HP-4102.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.