- Reference DE-HP-4195
- Location Stuttgart, Germany
- Closing date 16 December 2019
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Firmware Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Kineis team, you will be involved in developing the signal processing within a new Payload for an IoT application where understanding of involved HW- and Firmware-technologies as well as the interfaces to the software processing is required.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Development of the interfaces between HW and FW and signal processing/algorithms for IoT and L-Band applications, implementation & test, support to an in-the-field testbed;
- RF Signal processing development support in new IoT applications;
- VHDL-implementation of low-level driver and interface control & configuration, functional and performance testing;
- Technical planning of the firmware development aligned with the payload development;
- Estimation and conduction of the FW development activities;
- Analysis and correction of anomalies raised;
- Contribute to product firmware documentation.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Degree in Electronics (preferably RF and digital electronics), or equivalent;
- Several years of experience in the industry;
- Deep FPGA tools knowledge including timing closure for FPGAs;
- Familiar with Mentor Modelsim and with Xilinx FPGAand SoC devices like Zynq Ultrascale+ including 3rd party IP, and Vivado;
- Implementation of High Speed Serial interfaces such as PCIe, Aurora, JESD204B;
- Implementation of on-chip bus AMBA AXI;
- Application knowledge in communications, high speed data transfer and signal processing;
- Familiar with optimization of RF signal processing algorithms for limited FPGA resources;
- Familiarity with programming in MATLAB HDL Coder;
- Ability to co-ordinate and instruct a small team of firmware and software developers;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge the German language or of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Stuttgart. We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Chiara Grossardi, clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-4195.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!