EPS-SG Science Consultancy
- Reference DE-HP-4127
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 31 July 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space.
We are currently looking for a EPS-SG Science Consultancy to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
In this role you will offer support to the EUMETSAT Polar System – Second Generation in the area of scatterometry, and have the following responsibilities:
- Prototyping of product generation functions;
- Preparation of calibration-validation plans;
- Contribution to activities of instrument functional chain teams (IFCT) related to the scatterometer missions;
- Support the development of operational processing facilities by reviewing documents, participating in workshops, witnessing tests;
- Participation in system and relevant ground segment reviews.
- Support the EPS-SG SCA (scatterometer) calibration activities;
- Support the Operational EPS-SG SCA programme;
- Support the MetOp-C ASCAT Calibration Phase via operational ground transponders;
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in remote sensing, meteorology, oceanography, physics, or equivalent;
- Experience in Earth Observation satellite data processing;
- Experience with Scatterometers or other active Remote Sensing Instruments (e.g. SAR, Radar Altimeter, etc…);
- Very good skills in IDL and/or MatLab programming;
- Skills in writing scientific/technical documents;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from September 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr Yannik Dubois via the website www.hespace.com/vacancies, ASAP but no later than 31-Jul-19 quoting job DE – HP -4127.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany