EPS-SG Scatterometer Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-4241
- Location Darmstadt , Germany
- Closing date 21 February 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 35 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a EPS-SG Scatterometer Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Polar System – Second Generation mission, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Preparation and maintenance of documentation for scatterometer data processing and supporting documents;
- Prototyping and maintenance of scatterometer product generation functions and products;
- Preparation of scatterometer test data;
- Contribution to activities of instrument functional chain teams (IFCT) related to the scatterometers;
- Participation in system and relevant ground segment reviews;
- Contribution to the development, verification, integration and maintenance of scatterometer operational processing facilities;
- Contribution to the calibration and validation of scatterometer level 1 products;
- Contribution to the quality monitoring of scatterometer level 1 products;
- Development and integration of scatterometer calibration, validation and monitoring tools;
- Contribution to the reprocessing of scatterometer level 1 products.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in remote sensing, meteorology, oceanography, physics, or equivalent;
- Experience with operational scientific data processing implementations;
- Experience in interfacing with scientific organizations and user communities;
- Experience in algorithm development for operational Earth Observation missions;
- Experience with large, complex processing systems with stringent timeliness and availability requirements;
- Experience with the specification, development and validation of operational satellite data processing chains;
- Very good scientific coding skills on Unix-based platforms in a higher programming language, such as C/C++, Java, IDL, Python, Fortran;
- Skills in writing scientific / technical documents;
- At least three years of experience in spaceborne radar scatterometry;
- Experience with calibration and product validation of spaceborne radar instruments;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from January 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Leandros Foteinias, clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-4241 before as soon as possible.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.