- Reference DE-HP-4222
- Location Darmstadt , Germany
- Closing date 30 November 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a SAR/Scatterometer Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Polar System – Second Generation mission, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Preparation and maintenance of algorithm theoretical basis documents for the generation of level 1 products;
- Preparation and maintenance of product generation specifications for the product processing facilities;
- Prototyping of product generation functions;
- Generation and maintenance of product contents specifications;
- Preparation of test data;
- Preparation of calibration-validation plans;
- Contribution to the generation of performance budgets;
- Assessment of results from external studies;
- Contribution to the initiation of scientific support studies;
- Contribution to activities of instrument functional chain teams (IFCT) related to the scatterometer mission;
- Supporting the development of operational processing facilities by reviewing documents, participating in workshops, witnessing tests.
Skills & Experience
- You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in remote sensing, meteorology, oceanography, physics, or equivalent;
- At least three years of experience in scatterometry;
- Experience in Earth Observation satellite data processing;
- Very good skills in a higher programming language, such as C/C++, Java;
- Skills in writing scientific/technical documents;
- Experience in understanding and writing requirements;
- Experience with the specification, development and validation of satellite data processing chains;
- Experience with calibration and product validation methods;
- Good inter-personal skills;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Leandros Foteinias, clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-4222 as soon as possible.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.