EPS-SG LEO Operations Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-4204
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 08 December 2019
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a EPS-SG LEO Operations Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the EPS-SG Operation Preparation Integrated Team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and validate end-to-end System Control Procedures (SCP) and timelines for routine and contingency operations in coordination with satellite and system Ops Prep team leaders;
- Coordination of the development of JPS Joint Operation Plans (JORP), Operations Interface Control Documents (OICD) and any necessary updated of the JPS operations concept (ConOps) and ICDs;
- Manage the Operational Database, implement the changes requested by satellite operation team, validate and deploy new versions Define the Database and On-Board Software Ops Guides in coordination with the satellite operations team leader;
- Maintain the Operations Validation Plan (OVP) and coordinate tasks and teams for the validation of the operational scenarios;
- Define the Simulation Campaign Plan, organise all the related activities and coordinates all teams involved with the objective to provide a readiness status of the Operation Team for Launch;
- Maintain the SIOV Rehearsal Plan, prepare and conduct the rehearsals;
- Manage the Metop-SG simulator deliveries;
- Define and maintain the Metop-SG Simulation Operation Guide;
- Support Ground and Space Segments procurement and System team;
- Coordinate interactions and support the OGS procurement teams;
- Support the development of Flight Operations Manuals (FOMs);
- Provide input to keep up-to-date the System CORE model related to Operational activities, data flows and interfaces;
- Administrate and maintain the Metop-SG simulators (SATSIM);
- Validation and verification of ingestion of data from the Operational Ground Segment;
- Definition and prototyping/development of Python scripts necessary to perform all routine analysis resulting in time-series data or events.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Experience in Spacecraft Operations and or Operation Preparation, preferably on Low Earth Orbit (LEO), with responsibility for one or more platform subsystems or instruments during operational validation, LEOP, commissioning or routine operations phases;
- Experience in Satellite Databases. In particular, this shall include experience in the processes involved in developing and validating an operation database from a reference database delivered by the satellite manufacturer, and also experience in the use of scripting and SQL to implement changes and checks as efficiently and reliably as possible;
- Experience with OBSW maintenance activities, in particular memory image maintenance and Configuration Management (CM) processes for both ground images and on-board memory management;
- Experience in definition, development and validation of operations for the development of satellite ground segment facilities, such as monitor and control, mission planning, onboard software management, ground stations monitoring;
- Experience as simulation officer, satellite simulator management, coordination of rehearsals and team readiness assessment for launch;
- Experience in SCOS-2000 mission control systems and use of the APEX operations procedures preparation and execution tool;
- Experience in the full cycle of development of application software for satellite simulators, following formal software engineering processes;
- Experience in satellite performance monitoring and reporting aspects including anomaly analysis and solving in liaison with satellite industry, procedure change control and configuration management processes;
- Experience in requirements-based design, development and verification process following the ECSS standards and using IBM Rational DOORS;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from January 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Chiara Grossardi, clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-4204 before 08-Dec-19.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.