End-to-End Mission Performance Engineer S-4
- Reference NL-HP-4274
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 04 June 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for an End-to-End Mission Performance Engineer S-4 to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- The assessment of the delivered scientific processing algorithm in Python;
- The assessment of the delivered Instrument Quality Tool IQT v2-alpha and its ability to process real instrument data (PFM Focal Plane SubSystem data , S4 enhanced EM data, …);
- The assessment of the delivered Level-1 Reference Processor and perform a comparison of the results with the IQT;
- The development, implementation and validation of (complex) key data generation tools for the instrument calibration and performance verification tasks, as defined in the S4 on-ground calibration plan and in the L1b processing specification;
- The support to the closed-loop testing between the S4/UVN measurement data, the IQT v2 and the calibration keydata to demonstrate adequacy, completeness and accuracy of the level-0 to level-1b data processing algorithms and the calibration keydata;
- The contribution to meetings within ESA, industry and EUMETSAT.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree or equivalent qualification in Physics or Engineering with demonstrated background and experience in data processing;
- Good familiarity with computer programs/languages such as C/C++, Python and MATLAB and with Unix operating system;
- familiarity with L0 to L1b data processing of optical instrument using CCD technology;
- Good communication skills;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from June 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr Leandros Foteinias, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4274 before 04-Jun-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!