Embedded Software Systems Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4591
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 06 September 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for an Embedded Software Systems Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Flight Software Systems Section of the Software Systems Division, in the function of on-board software system engineer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Supporting a variety of ESA space missions in the field of real-time embedded software and systems;
- Participating in the full development lifecycle of the mission and on-board software;
- Identifying technical risks and critical areas in the development process while assisting in their resolution;
- Applying the principles of mission & safety critical software development across multiple disciplines;
- Providing expert technical support and consultancy to general studies in the field of real-time embedded software systems, flight software systems development and software validation facilities focused on both simulated environments and hardware in the loop.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline;
- Experience with modern software engineering methods and tools;;
- Experience with Real-time embedded software and Real Time Kernels;
- Experience with Software development projects and knowledge of all phases of the software development lifecycle;
- Experience with programming languages: C, Ada, C++ and/or others;
- Experience with micro-processors such as SPARC LEON, ARM, multicore’s etc;
- Experience with communication protocols (Mil-1553, SpaceWire, CAN);
- Knowledge of Software Engineering Standards such as the ECSS-E-ST-40C.;
- Knowledge of spacecraft systems would be an advantage;
- Ability to function as part of a team;
- Because of the operational nature of the support, a proactive and flexible attitude will be required;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from October 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Chiara Grossardi, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4591 before 06-Sep-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA