Electrical Propulsion Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4358
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 25 September 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration.
We are currently looking for an Electrical Propulsion Engineer to support our customer ESA in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Technology Directorate at ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Providing expert technical support in Electric Propulsion to the Agency’s project teams responsible for the development of spacecraft, throughout all the project phases;
- Supporting the activities for studies, experimental investigations and engineering developments in electric propulsion (components, equipment, sub-systems, systems);
- Supporting the activities for studies, experimental investigations and engineering developments in advanced propulsion (components, equipment, sub-systems, systems), such as nuclear propulsion, solar/thermal upper stages, electrodynamic tether propulsion, laser propulsion, Lorenz force accelerators, etc.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master's Degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering with emphasis in electric and/or advance propulsion related subjects;
- Proven experience of electric propulsion systems and components for spacecraft and/or a good knowledge of the specialist technological areas involved in advanced space propulsion (as design and testing of high and very high power electric propulsion);
- A distinct advantage is a comprehensive system background, including an appreciation of the state-of-the art in electric and/or advanced propulsion areas;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Sabrina Kracke by clicking on the button "Apply for this job, quoting job NL-HP-4358 before 25-Sept-2020.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!