EDRS Operations Service Engineer (f/m/d)
- Reference DE-HP-4244
- Location multiple locations, Germany
- Closing date 02 March 2020
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space. We are currently looking for an EDRS Operations Service Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Administration of the EDRS system and technical support to EDRS operations, both for the ground and the space segment;
- Main interface between the EDRS operations team and the engineering support teams;
- Technical support to Anomaly Response Boards (ARBs);
- Routine maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) for the EDRS equipment, coordination of maintenance activities;
- Monitoring of trends and evolutions in EDRS components (incl. PMOC & Backup MOC);
- Preparation of monthly customer KPI report and monitoring of KPI achievement;
- Management of EDRS technical capacity, service improvement identification and implementation;
- Preparation, update and maintenance of operational products and according documentation;
- Technical evaluation and preparation of changes (CR/CCN technical responsible) and support to change control boards;
- Generation and maintenance of a knowledge base system;
- Backup member of PMOC Operators team
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree or equivalent in the field of Aerospace Engineering;
- Experience in satellite and/or ground segment operations is required;
- Knowledge of satellite communications, earth observation missions, as well as mission operation ground infrastructure (e.g. ESOC, DLR, etc.);
- High level of motivation, self-driven with high flexibility and good communication skills;
- Ability to operate in a multi-national team organization;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of German or another European language is an advantage.
We welcome applicants who are available from March 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) via the website www.hespace.com/vacancies, quoting job DE–HP-4244.
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.