Editor / Content Producer
- Reference DE-HP-4311
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 15 July 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for an Editor to support our customer in the Netherlands. This is a maternity cover for approx. 6 months.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Your work will consist in the production of content in the area of ESA Human Spaceflight and Robotic Exploration:
- Research, compile, draft, edit and layout information on the Human Spaceflight and Robotic Exploration and Science programs of the organization with the aim to publish press releases, web stories for ESA portal, blogs and social media to different target audiences.
- Support in creating/editing speeches, infographics and video scripts.
- Liaise with corporate communications services to ensure a timely production and publication of brochures and promotional material.
- Contribute to content creation for panels, posters, exhibitions, video production and support to promotional events and launch campaigns.
- Support with video interviews and post-production.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master Degree in Journalism or Science communication outreach.
- Native English speaker, or high proficiency in written English is required; knowledge of other member state language is an asset.
- Capability to quickly source, understand and analyse complex scientific and technical information.
- Ability to efficiently produce high-quality draft documents on different subjects ranging from scientific and technical to political and programmatic topics.
- High degree of familiarity with social media platforms, Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and image editing.
- Familiarity with desktop publishing software and WordPress.
This role is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands. We welcome applicants who are available from September 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Sabrina Kracke, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4311 before 5-Jul-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!