ECLS (Environmental Control and Life Support) Engineer
- Reference DE-HP-4382
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 01 November 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a ECLS Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Life Support & Physical Sciences Instrument Section at ESA/ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- The main focus of our work is sustainable life support technologies, In Situ Resource Utilisation and small payload development for manned and unmanned spaceflight;
- Implement and supervise R&D activities in the field of sustainable life support technologies (e.g. MELiSSA), with a specific focus on bioreactors, biochemical processes characterisation, modelling and development;
- Supervise the development of technology demonstrators on board ISS and follow up of operations over its life cycle;
- Implement and supervise R&D activities in the area of In Situ Resource Utilisation;
- Provide project support for manned spaceflight and scientific experiments onboard the ISS;
- Provide support to the management of the MELiSSA project, technical and scientific coordination with MELiSSA partners.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- PhD or Master in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology applied Microbiology or Physics;
- Experience in specification, engineering and analysis of chemical and biochemical processes, knowledge of plant/food production;
- Experience in multi-phases processes characterisation and engineering is asset;
- Project skills, Management of R&D contracts, academic and industrial experience;
- Knowledge of space systems engineering is an asset;
- Good interpersonal communication skills, team oriented.
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from January 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr Yannik Dubois, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL - HP - 4382 before 01-Nov-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!