Dependability and Safety Support (RAMS) Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4333
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 18 August 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Dependability and Safety Support (RAMS) Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Review of Project Segments RAMS analyses (i.e. Ground Segments and Space Segment);
- Production of Project System RAMS analyses;
- Support the collection of in-service data and their statistical processing;
- Support the development of the System RAMS tool;
- Contribute to establishing project specific programmatic and technical dependability and safety requirements within the framework of the ESA Product Assurance & Safety baseline;
- Support to projects in the evaluation and monitoring of Contractor’s plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the dependability and safety programs;
- Support to the concurrent design facility (CDF) studies by performing technical risk assessment and relevant dependability and safety analyses;
- Evaluation of dependability and safety analyses, technical notes, technical risk assessments, risk reduction processes and the associated preventive or corrective actions;
- Defining and controlling the implementation of the applicable dependability and safety related acceptance requirements including risk acceptance criteria;
- Support dependability and safety verification activities, including hazard close-out and disposition of related NCR, RFW and Critical Items;
- Participating in project reviews to assess compliance with the applicable RAMS requirements and to formulate accept/reject recommendations.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent qualifications;
- Relevant experience in the design and engineering of safety critical systems;
- Relevant experience of application of RAMS engineering to space programs, including in ground and/or ground based systems and operations;
- Experience in design and engineering of safety critical systems;
- A hands-on knowledge of the RAMS analyses and methodologies (Hardware and Software), preparation of relevant RAMS documentation during the overall project life-cycle and application of ECSS dependability and safety standards;
- Experience in dependability and safety engineering management processes and objectives and experience during operations is an advantage;
- Experience in the field of ground safety and projects assistance in obtaining the relevant launch center safety certification is an advantage;
- Knowledge of RTCA/DO-178C “Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification" and related certification schemes, and experience in interfacing certification authorities is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of the way data safety data are generated, validated and retained in support of the ISS programme safety certification;
- Knowledge of EU Safety Directive as “Directive 98/37/EC Machinery”, Directive 99/92/EC “Risk from Explosive Atmospheres”, “Directive 97/23/EC Pressure Equipment” and other safety directives relevant for space is considered an asset;
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate RAMS tools is an advantage;
- Knowledge of the Navigation domain or experience in Galileo would be an asset;
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices is an advantage;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from October 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Natalia Grajek, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4333 before 18-Aug-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!