Dependability and Safety Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4117
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 21 July 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space.
We are currently looking for a Dependability and Safety Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the of the Dependability and Safety Assurance Group at ESA/ESTEC you will have the following responsibilities:
- Technical support to projects for the interpretation of safety requirements and participation in safety reviews;
- Support preparation and preliminary assessment of Safety Data Package for Safety Authority approval
- Support R&D activities (e.g. TRP, GSP, GSTP, CDs Dossiers etc);
- Participate in collaborative activities with universities, research institutes and industry (scouting, Research Fellowship, NPI etc.);
- Support organisation of conferences and workshops;
- Contribute to continual improvement of the RAMS Toolbox;
- Support to projects in the evaluation and monitoring of Contractor’s plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the dependability and safety programs;
- Support to the concurrent design facility (CDF) studies by performing technical risk assessment and relevant dependability and safety analyses.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master Degree in a relevant discipline;
- Relevant experience of application of RAMS engineering to space programs, including in ground and/or ground based systems and operations;
- Experience in design and engineering of safety critical systems;
- A hands-on knowledge of the RAMS analyses and methodologies (Hardware and Software), preparation of relevant RAMS documentation during the overall project life-cycle and application of ECSS dependability and safety standards;
- Experience in dependability and safety engineering management processes and objectives and experience during operations is an advantage;
- Experience in the field of ground safety and projects assistance in obtaining the relevant launch centre safety certification is an advantage;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from August 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Mr Yannik Dubois clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ASAP but no later than 21-Jul-19 quoting job NL- HP- 4117.