Data Systems Manager
- Reference DED-HP-3507
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 01 June 2017
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Data Systems Manager to support our customer in Germany.
Data Systems Manager
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
For the Data Systems Engineering Department, you will work on science missions such as EXOMARS, BEPI COLOMBO, MEX and others and have the following responsibilities:
- Development and Maintenance of Mission Data Systems
- Specify software requirements as well as contractual and technical work on new MDS projects, MDS development and maintenance;
- Organisation of Software Support on-site & environment preparation (Software Coordinator);
- Support to missions during the whole lifetime
- Review of MIRD and contribution to MIP
- Definition of external and internal interfaces
- Contribution to the SFIRD, GSSRD, GSSTP and review of SGICD
- Support to Ground Segment Reviews
- Support to regular progress meetings with Project and ESOC team
- Support SVT/SOVT/E2E tests and in general FCT activity
- Support to 3rd Party (e.g. EUD, GSA, DLR, NASA, …) and Special Projects;
- Support to study, innovation and standardisation such as preparing proposals or running approved studies.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Project management ;
- Software engineering;
- Development and maintenance of big software projects;
- Requirements management (knowledge of tools, e.g. doors);
- Test management (knowledge of tools, e.g. HPQC);
- ESOC infrastructure (SCOS-2000, SIMSAT, EGOS MPS, EGS-CC);
- Knowledge of ESOC operational environment;
- Spacecraft design (especially for the SIM);
- Operational spacecraft simulators based on SIMSAT;
- Fluency in English is mandatory, another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from July 2017 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Kirsten Gibbs at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job DED-HP-3507 before 01-Jun-17.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!