Data System Engineer for Earth Observation Mission
- Reference DE-HP-4434
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 04 February 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Data System Engineer for Earth Observation Mission to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The ESA DSM services relate to Mission Data Systems (MDS), which include Mission
Control System, Mission Planning System, Operational Simulators, Service Provision Data
Centre and Advanced Software Applications, with the following tasks:
- Development and Maintenance of Mission Data Systems;
- Support to Mission’s critical activities;
- Support to missions during the whole lifetime;
- Support to 3rd Party and Special Projects;
- Support to study, innovation and standardisation;
- Infrastructure and environment.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Experience in Data system engineering for satellite mission control;
- Experience with development and maintenance of big software projects;
- Knowledge of tools, e.g. doors, HPQC;
- Knowledge of ESOC infrastructure (e.g. Scos-2000, SIMSAT, Egos MPS, EGS-CC);
- Knowledge of ESOC operational environment;
- Knowledge of Spacecraft (especially for the SIM);
- Familiarity with MDS coordination;
- Knowledge of ECSS standards;
- Good communication skills.
This job is located in Darmstadt.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Agnieszka Iwanczuk, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job DE-HP-4434before 04-Feb-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.