Data Processing Systems Engineer
- Reference DED-HP-3977
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 06 January 2019
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
In this role you will offer support to the Data Processing Systems and Applications team for activities related to Ground Segment System Engineering (Phase B to E) for several new missions in preparation, and have the following responsibilities:
- Data processing system engineering for supporting Integration, Verification & Validation (IV&V) activities at the level of test plan definition, test specification and test coordination;
- Follow-up on the facility supplier’s activities and Review of the data pack delivered for the reviews;
- Support preparation of deliverables to the contractors and data pack for the OGS CDR and possibly other intermediate checkpoints;
- Tests and acceptance phases preparation;
- Contribute to the maintenance activities, including characterisation of system component behaviour against required performance, proposal and implementation of system alterations;
- Contribute to the evolution activities, including conceptual design, requirements specification, functional modelling, system analysis, and concept development to support increased performance, rationalisation of components, and cost reduction;
- Contribute to raising, processing and coordinating anomalies, their documentation, investigation, classification and resolution/mitigation, including participation in relevant Anomaly Review Boards.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (or equivalent) in a discipline relevant to the job profile;
- Preparation of requirements, design, interfaces and testing documentation for data processing systems for Earth Observation missions (experience on data processing for high data rates missions will be considered an asset) including relation between requirements, ICDs, design and testing documentation;
- L1/L2 processing software for Earth Observation missions, either for operations/maintenance or specification and development;
- UNIX/Linux operating systems;
- IBM DOORS tool or an equivalent for requirements management;
- Validating complex remote sensing data processing systems;
- ECSS and CCSDS standards;
- Knowledge and/or experience of quality control, instrument calibration and IV&V
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from February 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) ASAP but no later than 06-Jan-19 to Ms Elisa Manfreda Clicking on the butto "apply for this job" below, quoting job DED-HP-3977
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!