Data Processing Applications Engineer
- Reference DED-HP-3973
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 11 December 2018
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 35 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Data Processing Applications Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Supporting the Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Multi Mission Element area, you will provide engineering services to design and system engineering/re-engineering activities, fully system lifecycle, for a portfolio of off-line Ground Segment elements Typical Tasks will include:
- Contribute to the definition, design, implementation and maintenance of architectures for data processing ground segments and their components – with special emphasis on product quality control, calibration and validation, production monitoring and reporting;
- Contribute to the operations of existing data processing ground segments and their maintenance and evolution (analysis, design, development and testing of the facilities);
- Perform routine tasks in operational systems under configuration control;
- Perform standard SW engineering activities (i.e. SW testing, SW integration);
- Participation in meetings and formal reviews.
Skills & Experience
- You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline;
- Preparation of requirements, design, interfaces and testing documentation for data processing systems considering the systems engineering aspects of data processing management and data provision;
- S/W design/development, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of large complex real-time data processing systems for Earth Observation missions, ideally in C/C++ in a UNIX/LINUX based environment;
- object-oriented software design and implementation possibly in the context of satellite instrument data processing systems;
- Ability to learn quickly new desired skills, including ability to rapidly absorb, and make use of, information presented in written and oral communications in a dynamic context;
- Use of and application programming of database systems (e.g. ORACLE, INFORMIX, PostgreSQL and MySQL);
- Competence in the use of scripting languages (e.g., shell scripting, PERL), high-level languages (e.g., Python, Java) and correspondent use of their libraries;
- Ability to write accurate and consistent technical documentation, fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from January 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Elisa Manfreda at email@example.com, quoting job DED-HP-3973 as soon as possible, but no later than 11-Dec-18.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.