Copernicus Data Processing Engineer
- Reference DED-HP-3764
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 23 April 2018
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 35 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a team of 3 Data Processing Engineers to support our customer in Germany with Data Processing Services for the Copernicus mission.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the HE Space team of experts at EUMETSAT, you will have the following responsibilities:
- In Phase C/D contributing to:
- Procurement of data processing elements by advising on technical solutions and by reviewing documentation to confirm its compliance with the requirements;
- Management of the requirements baseline for data processing elements;
- Refinement of ICDs;
- Testing, integration and acceptance of data processing elements;
- In Phase E contributing to:
- Maintenance activities, including characterisation of system component behaviour against required performance, proposal and implementation of system alterations (including component modification);
- Evolution activities, including conceptual design, requirements specification, functional modelling, system analysis, and concept development to support increased performance, rationalisation of components, and cost reduction;
- Review of System, Space Segment and Ground Segment (GS) documentation;
- Participation in formal reviews and technical meetings at System and GS level;
- Review of documentation dealing with technical evolutions of the EUMETSAT infrastructure.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in the engineering, physics, or software engineering;
- Operations of real-time, complex, satellite instrument data processing systems;
- Planning and coordination of operation build up activities;
- Near real time, data driven, automated systems with large computer networks;
- Instrument data and product processing (Level-0 to 2) of meteorological and/or earth observation products;
- Validating complex remote sensing data processing systems;
- UNIX/Linux operating systems; programming languages (e.g. C, C++ and IDL);
- Scripting languages and databases (e.g. Perl, Python, shell, Oracle);
- Spacecraft and/or ground segment operations;
- Knowledge and/or experience of quality control, calibration and validation;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from July 2018 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Elisa Manfreda at email@example.com, quoting job DED-HP-3764 before 23-Apr-18.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!