Configuration Management Engineer
- Reference DED-HP-4061
- Location Darmstadt, Germany
- Closing date 07 May 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space.
We are currently looking for a Configuration Management Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Configuration Management team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Configuration Management (CM) of documents, software items and hardware items;
- Organise Anomaly and Change/Configuration Control Board meetings;
- End-to-end the anomaly and change processes with the related action items;
- End-to-end software, hardware and document deployments;
- Verification / Validation Test Reports on controlled systems and facilities;
- Keep up-to-date the CM database identifying, relating and tracking items;
- Verify the configuration status by performing configuration audits and inspections;
- Contribute to project and programme reviews for change and CM aspects;
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of change and CM requirements;
- Contribute to the provision of training and coaching sessions to users and stakeholders.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in computer science or related engineering field;
- Change and CM activities on large scale software-centred systems;
- CM, QA and/or Project Management standard (e.g. ISO, ITIL, ANSI, ECSS, CMMI);
- Specifying or reviewing change and CM plans, processes and working practices;
- Change and CM tools (e.g. Serena Dimensions CM, Jira, Clearcase, Remedy, SBM…);
- Project development methodologies and software programming;
- Providing training sessions to a wide range of users and stakeholders;
- Good communication and team working skills;
- Able to produce accurate documentation in a timely manner;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from July 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Mr. Görkem Ercan clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ASAP but no later than 07-May-19 quoting job DED-HP-4061.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.