Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4893
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 27 September 2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we
have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field
of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for
a Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer to support our
customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Telecom. Systems & Techniques Section, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assistance in preparation of invitation to tenders related to ESA R&D;
- Support the management of industrial R&D activities in the areas of: 1) satellite modem physical and link layer analysis, design, prototyping and testing; 2) SATCOM Systems and network analysis and simulations;
- Support internal hands-on technical analysis on subjects related to future SATCOM systems with emphasis on network design aspects;
- Support the preparation of the section R&D technology roadmaps in the area of telecom systems and networks.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree in Telecommunication Engineering with particular emphasis on digital transmissions from the physical and MAC layer perspective;
- Strong technical background in telecommunication engineering and knowledge of the relevant communication protocols is required;
- Knowledge of the main satellite and terrestrial telecom standards is considered an asset as well as the experience with communication system HW prototyping and testing (e.g. FPGA, DSP, GPU, micro-processors);
- Broad technical expertise in telecommunication networks design with particular emphasis on physical and link layer, and good understanding of multiple access telecommunication protocols;
- Good knowledge and experience in the use of communication simulation software tools (e.g. Matlab, C++) and commercial simulators (STK, OPNET, NS-3) is required;
- A few years of work experience in the field of complex digital communications systems, sub-systems and networks is preferred;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Tobias Bruns, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4893 before 27-Sep-22.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA