Communications Systems & Technologies Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4314
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 27 September 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer to support our customer ESA in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the international team, you will provide support to the ESA's projects and programs in the area of security, including:
- System security analysis, design and associated tools: covering all aspects related to the analysis and design of the security of the end to end system, including concepts, architecture, ground, space and hybrid ground/space systems and sub-systems, methodologies, standards and all associated tools for simulations and analysis. System security requirements definition and implementation, vulnerability and thereat assessment, security engineering process lifecycle;
- Security technology, techniques design, and prototyping: covering all technologies related to the implementation of security, InfoSEC, COMSEC, CyberSec, Appsec engineering;
- Security accreditation and certification methodologies and processes. Security requirements derivation, design, implementation and verification from an accreditation perspective. Project Risk analysis and assessment, supporting toolsets, accreditation processes and methodologies, security standards;
- Specific RF security technologies, e.g. telecom security techniques and technologies, secure TT&C and PDT links, radio navigation security technology, RF system security etc.
- Provide support to projects for the implementation of security inside the systems, perform/support end to end security engineering, follow up security elements requirements derivation, design, implementation and verification;
- Provide support to project Infosec/Cyber security and accreditation engineering, such as to perform/support project security risk analysis, vulnerability assessment during the life cycle of the project; define specific project security, certification and accreditation security requirements (HL SSRS /SISRS/Secops);
- Provide support to projects and TEC for the implementation of the security directives policy, roles and functions (PSSO, etc.) such as to: Support and act as competent PSSO/ISO/SOZ5 and other security roles as for the ESA Security Regulation; Support awareness and training campaign on security process/policies and procedures; Contribute to the Agency's R&D strategy and research programs elaboration and implementation; Support to standardisation bodies in the field of competence.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (MSc minimum) in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, as well as experience in these fields;
- Specific knowledge in security engineering;
- Knowledge of space and ground systems architecture;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands. We welcome applicants who are available from November 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Sabrina Kracke, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4314 before 26-Sept-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.