Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4856
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 22 August 2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Engineering Support to the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Providing systems security engineering support and expertise transversally to various ESA projects, space missions, and studies, in the field of (cyber) security;
- Contributing to the definition of system security architecture and security requirements for ESA projects/missions;
- Supporting system design reviews on security aspects;
- Acting as a Technical Officer to research and development security activities;
- Participating actively in security assessment activities in a lab environment or as a part of a project;
- Participating in feasibility studies, project reviews and evaluation of procurement proposals in the field of security;
- Contributing to the definition of security technology development requirements and work plans for the Agency’s technology programmes;
- Fostering new security application areas for multidisciplinary activities, placing emphasis on innovative concepts, cutting-edge technologies and system architectures;
- Participating in the follow-up of industrial contracts related to procurement of expertise, technology development, laboratory tools, equipment, etc;
- Conducting security risk assessments and supporting security risk management by proposing suitable security mitigations and countermeasures;
- Monitoring applicable technological trends in the field of security and maintaining state-of-the-art expertise;
- Supporting the engineering, validation and testing of a Security Operations Centre (SOC) / Security Monitoring System;
- Supervising vulnerability assessment / penetration testing activities on ESA projects and programs and analyse their results.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- A Master or PhD degree or equivalent in Cyber Security, or Telecommunications Engineering or Computer Engineering or similar with a strong knowledge of Security;
- Knowledge and experience in Systems Security Engineering;
- Very good knowledge of security architectures, network security and communication systems;
- Good knowledge of modern Applied Cryptography;
- Knowledge of Space and Ground systems architecture;
- Very good knowledge of network protocols and standards;
- Knowledge and experience on vulnerability assessment;
- Experience of managing security processes and vulnerabilities and risk assessment;
- Strong personal interest on R&D in the area of security
- CISSP and/or a GIAC certificate is a plus;
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Viktoria Panicharova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4856 before 22-Aug-22.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA