Communication and Events Administrative Assistant
- Reference UK-HP-4793
- Location Harwell, UK
- Closing date 16 May 2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Communication and Events Adm. Assistant to support our customer in the United Kingdom.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Telecommunications and Integrated Applications Directorate, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Day-to-day support to Unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training;
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests;
- Analysing incomingcorrespondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation;
- Provision of various logistic support to the Unit;
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Unit personnel;
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary;
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Unit;
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail;
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents;
- Organization of agenda and of meetings;
- Maintaining documents libraries for the Unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users;
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Unit and taken minutes of coordination meetings for the Unit;
- Participation to organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required;
- Support to the Project Review Process;
- Support to visitor service: including access control, preparing visa applications, distribution of information material;
- ESA site administration: including periodical update (e.g. daily) of site schedule, updating and distribution of the site telephone list;
- Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading;
- Data collection, extraction from various Corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis;
- Maintaining the business opportunities portfolio and support the analysis of pursued prospects for the preparation of status reporting to Management and inform towards the strategic actions of TIA-S;
- Supporting the business development team in outreach activities towards NewSpace and non-space communities.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Good knowledge of ESA telecommunications and integrated application programmes is a distinct asset;
- Experience working in outreach and supporting the build-up of new collaboration opportunities;
- Strong skills in planning and organisation, communication, relationship management and customer focus as well as innovation and creativity;
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage;
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Harwell (UK). We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Tobias Bruns, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job UK-HP-4793 before 16-May-22.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA