CMIP IPO Director
- Reference UK-HP-119
- Location Harwell, UK
- Closing date 30 July 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been
supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and
administration. We are currently looking for a Director to head-up the new International
Project Office for the WCRP Coupled Model Intercomparison Project in the United Kingdom.
Tasks and Responsibilities
As Director of the CMIP-IPO you will have the following responsibilities:
Support the recruitment of IPO staff;
- Management of the IPO activities and office staff;
- Ensure that the IPO budget is used at the discretion of CMIP leadership in compliance with; ESA’s legal framework, in particular its financial rules and regulations and WMO regulations and auditing as appropriate;
- Ensure that the IPO fulfils its terms of reference under the overall guidance of CMIP governing bodies and in consultation with the WCRP Secretariat;
- Participate in sessions of CMIP governing bodies and other meetings and represents CMIP at relevant national and international meetings;
- Encourage and mobilize financial and in-kind resources from various sources to cover CMIP activities and additional IPO staff;
- Administer and manage such resources.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- PhD in physics or Earth science or other appropriate scientific field;
- Track record in climate research and modelling or climate science management;
- Expertise necessary to set up and develop an international project office to support and advance the governance, infrastructure and outcome of CMIP;
- Experience in working with international organisations within the climate network;
- Experience in leading large international projects and teams;
- Experience in attracting additional funding from various sources;
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another
- European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Harwell (UK). We welcome applicants who are
available from September 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV to
email@example.com quoting UK-HP-119 as soon as possible. If you would like
more information, feel free to reach out to Mr. Leandros Foteinias
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space Recruiting for ESA