Chemical Propulsion Engineer
- Reference Nl-HP-4207
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 26 November 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space. We are currently looking for an Chemical Propulsion Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Technology Directorate at ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Providing expert technical support in Propulsion for Spacecraft (chemical propulsion)and for Launchers (liquid and solid propulsion);
- Supporting the activities for studies, experimental investigations and engineeringdevelopments in spacecraft and launcher propulsion (components, equipment, sub-systems, systems);
- Supporting the activities for studies, experimental investigations and engineeringdevelopments in advanced propulsion (components, equipment, sub-systems,systems), such as nuclear propulsion, solar/thermal upper stages, AirbreathingPropulsion, Advanced Chemical Systems, MEMS etc;
- Support to Agency feasibility and project definition studies, preparatory programmesand approved projects in the field of chemical propulsion;
- Participation in the definition and execution of the Agency's technology programmes;
- Assessment and development of chemical propulsion novel propulsion concepts (e.g.Nuclear and Airbreathing technologies), advanced propulsion methods, processes andconcepts;
- Configuration/system design of chemical propulsion systems including the initiation ofappropriate critical technology developments;
- establishment and promotion of design and engineering standards.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering with emphasis in spacepropulsion;
- Proven experience in the design, development and/or testing of chemical propulsionsystems and/or components for spacecraft and/or launcher applications;
- A good knowledge of other specialist technological areas involved in space propulsioni.e. materials, thermal, mechanical would also be desirable;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is anadvantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Agnieszka Iwanczuk clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4207 before 26-Nov-19.