AWS (Arctic Weather Satellite) Ground Segment Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4404
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 08 December 2020
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a AWS Ground Segment Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the System Support Division of ESTEC/ESA, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the System Support Division to ensure usage of common standards and methods, and access to the necessary resources on system support issues, where appropriate;
- Support the definition and monitor the implementation of the Ground Segment and the preparation of the Spacecraft in-orbit Operations up to and including the commissioning phase;
- Reviewing and assessing the proposed Ground Segment design, including identification of possible options, trade-offs and design / cost drivers and guaranteeing compliance with requirements;
- Coordinating with the AWS team to ensure Ground Segment design and compatibility with the system/operations, including consistency of design, testing and performance with other elements of the system and future AWS constellation requirements;
- Managing and monitoring industrial activities for the Ground Segment;
- Supporting AWS project reviews;
- Reviewing and verifying the space-to-ground interface in cooperation with the AWS team;
- Liaising with EUMETSAT with respect to future AWS constellation Ground Segment optimisation;
- Monitoring the definition of the Level-1 data processor and its implementation and the verification of its interfaces with PDGS;
- Supporting Ground Segment validation activities, including Satellite System Validation Tests (SSVTs);
- Supporting the preparation of the Launch and Early Orbit Phase (LEOP), the Satellite In-Orbit Verification (SIOV) and Commissioning phases;
- Coordinate closely with other AWS team members, and also with support from the Earth Observation Programmes and Technical and Quality Directorates.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- PhD or Master degree or equivalent qualification in engineering field or related subject;
- Previous experience in ground segment projects, and experience in earth observation is highly desirable.
- Good practical, analytical and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively both autonomously and in a team.
- Good communication skills, self-motivated and have a pro-active and results-oriented approach.
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from January 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Sabrina Kracke, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4404 before 08-Dec-20.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA.