Assistant Configuration Officer
- Reference NL-HP-4901
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 07 October 2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been
supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and
administration. We are currently looking for an Assistant Configuration Officer to support
our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Cost Control & Support Service Team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Establishing adequate processes for proper Product configuration control, including:
- Configuration management planning;
- Configuration items identification, technical requirements base lining, production and maintenance of configuration item data list(CIDL);
- Management of configuration evolution, baselines verification, as-built control and inspections.
- Establishment of configuration control methods, procedures and standards;
- Establishing and/or assuring that adequate configuration control methods, procedures and standards are established and/or maintained, consistent with applicable standards/requirements;
- Preparing formal requirements for inclusion in industrial contracts;
- Participating in Project Reviews;
- Conducting configuration audits and configuration inspections;
- Supervising the processing and disposition of Change Requests and/or Change Proposals;
- Providing status data and maintaining a well-structured record system; acting as secretary to appropriate Boards established for the processing of changes;
- Establishing and maintaining the approval system for all documents under formal ESA control, and maintaining the associated DRLs and DRDs;
- Supporting the supervision and maintenance of the documentation library and archives;
- Proposing automated methods and tools required to increase performance of configuration and documentation control tasks.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (Bachelor) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (or Communications as relevant), with relevant experience;
- Proven experience in Configuration Management in Space Companies / Organizations;
- Adequate knowledge and understanding of the applicable ESA Configuration Management requirements and standards such as MS-ESA-RQ-100, MS-ESA-RQ-108, ECSS-M40;
- Good knowledge of the specific activities and/or organisation, of the applicable configuration management working procedures and support tool(s) are an asset;
- Previous experiences in fields like Product Assurance, System Engineering and Production Control are an asset;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk.
We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Viktoria Panicharova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4901 before 07-Oct-22.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA