Satellite Downstream Applications Engineer
- Reference UK-HP-4072
- Location Harwell, UK
- Closing date 31 May 2019
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 35 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for an Satellite Downstream Applications Engineer to support our customer in the United Kingdom.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Institutional Projects Office within the Downstream Applications Programme, which develops and promotes new applications and services for space technology, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the Head of Office in the management of studies and projects;
- Interface with user groups, industry and other relevant partners in accordance with the Programme objectives;
- Support the consolidation of user needs and their translation into system requirements;
- Initiate new activities and studies within your area of responsibility;
- Support the preparation of tenders;
- Evaluate proposals in accordance with Programme objectives, including technical and commercial aspects;
- Coordinate support provided by other ESA Directorates;
- Contribute to the preparation of Demonstration Projects.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree in satellite communication, satellite navigation or remote sensing;
- Sound knowledge in at least one of the above-mentioned disciplines plus a good understanding of the others;
- Solid understanding of commercial aspects of space applications and services including commercialization;
- Good analytical skills combined with creativity and an innovative attitude;
- Excellent communications skills plus the ability to manage relationships;
- Able to work effectively both within a small team and in an autonomous way;
- Willingness to travel;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located at ECSAT in Harwell, UK.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr. Leandros Foteinias at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job NL-HP-4072 before 31-May-19.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!