AOCS/GNC Sensors Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4452
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 28 February 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a AOCS Engineer to support our customer ESA in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the AOCS & GNC Sensors Unit, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support in the development and procurement of sensors and actuators;
- Development and utilisation of the Control Hardware Laboratory (e.g. sensor characterisation and testing);
- Provide regular Technical Reporting of the Hardware Development as well as contribute in the preparation and execution of project and technology studies reviews;
- Definition and implementation of AOCS (Attitude and Orbit Control Systems) for Earth Observation, Telecom, Navigation satellites and for Astronomy Observatories;
- AOCS design, analyses and simulations (control loops design and modelling, FDIR), independent simulator set-up, functional verification and performance budgets);
- AIV/AIT support (test benches, review of test plans and test results);
- Conception, initialisation and supervision of corresponding enabling AOCS technology R/D;
- Sensors and inertial actuators technology development: APS, Star Trackers, sun sensors, Earth sensors, magnetometers, gyros, accelerometers, magneto-torquers, reaction wheels, CMG’s;
- Maintenance, development and set-up of AOCS simulation tools.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- PHD or Master’s Degree in Electronics Engineering or related field;
- Familiar with general development process for hardware space equipment (key reviews, model philosophy);
- Strong background in electronics (digital, analogue or both), and previous design experience;
- Good knowledge of the particularities of space electronics (protection of sensitive components, filtering of single events etc…);
- Familiarity with reviewing schematics, worst case and part stress analyses;
- Hardware knowledge (sensors, computer, actuators);
- AOCS AIT knowledge at subsystem and system level;
- Proven knowledge of commercial model-based design tools (MATLAB);
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands. We welcome applicants who are available from April 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Sabrina Kracke, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4452 before 28-Feb-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA