- Reference NL-HP-4661
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 14 December 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a AOCS Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Support to the ESTEC AOCS/GNC Sensors Unit for the development and procurement of sensors and actuators. The Sensors Unit is in charge of gyroscopes, accelerometers, star trackers, APS detectors for star trackers, sun sensors, magnetic sensors and actuators, and bespoke GNC sensors such as navigation cameras, 3D cameras or Lidars for GNC;
- Provide regular Technical Reporting of the Hardware Development as well as contribute in the preparation and execution of project and technology studies reviews;
- Access to the Sensors Lab, where technologies can be independently characterised.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering (or equivalent);
- Knowledge of general development process for hardware space equipment (key reviews, model philosophy);
- Knowledge in Software development and/or optics will be an asset;
- Proven experience in the design, tuning, analysis and simulation of AOCS systems in different project phases;
- HW knowledge (sensors, computer, actuators);
- AOCS AIT at subsystem and system level;
- Proven knowledge of commercial model-based design tools (MATLAB);
- Ability to interface with industry;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV (in English) to Ms Chiara Grossardi, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4661 before 14-Dec-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!