- Reference LU-HP-4641
- Location Luxemburg, Luxemburg
- Closing date 31 May2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a AOCS Engineer to support our customer in Luxemburg.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Continue to evolve spacecraft AOCS architecture including components and systems that provide both relative and absolute attitude measurements;
- Perform integration and test of spacecraft AOCS components and software for the spacecraft in the lab;
- Define Concept of Operation for the spacecraft attitude determination, control system and related ground systems;
- Interface with Systems Engineering team to define architecture and design based on spacecraft attitude determination and control systems performance;
- Perform analysis to determine spacecraft AOCS component performance requirements including performance characteristics (e.g. sizing, accuracy, sensor noise, reliability, etc.), redundancy, and fault detection, isolation and recovery options;
- Specify, evaluate, and select spacecraft attitude determination sensors and actuators, like rate sensors, magnetometers, sun sensors, horizon sensors, star trackers, reaction wheels and propulsion, etc.;
- Design and implement algorithms and software to support various pointing modes and attitude control scenarios. Software development include software components for use of off-the-shelves and newly-developed units, like COTS drivers and thruster selection logic, etc.;
- Design and plan payload testing configurations on the ground when testing spacecraft attitude determination and control system performance both in-lab and in-orbit;
- Support spacecraft integration, testing, and delivery to launch/spacecraft bus partners/vendors;
- Knowledge of Deep Space environment and interplanetary navigation;
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for spacecraft AOCS architecture definition, design, and development.
Skills & Experience
The key person shall have proven knowledge and hands-on experience in several of the following mandatory skills areas:
- Technical Master’s degree (or equivalent) and/or professional high tech experience;
- More than three years of experience with CubeSat/spacecraft attitude determination and/or control systems;
- Recent participation in projects developing space hardware and software (preferably spacecraft attitude determination and/or control);
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with spacecraft attitude determination and control system components such as IMUs, star trackers, reaction wheels, and reaction control system;
- In-depth knowledge of spacecraft propulsion systems, propulsion system Concept of Operations, and flight guidance navigation and control systems and software is a major advantage;
- Programming proficiency in one or more programming languages is required (e.g. C, Python, etc.);
- Proficient in working with Linux based systems;
- Hands-on experience with programming microcontrollers is desired;
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment;
- Guidance navigation and control (GNC) experience is considered a plus;
- Understanding asteroid space environment is a plus;
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
This job is located in Luxemburg. We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Chiara Grossardi, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job LU-HP-4641.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!