- Reference NL-HP-4170
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 23 September 2019
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space.
We are currently looking for an AOCS Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Working within the AOCS & Pointing Systems Section at ESA/ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- AOCS design, analyses and simulations (control loops design and modelling, FDIR, independent simulator set-up, functional verification and performance budgets);
- Participation to project reviews;
- Review of AOCS SW implementation;
- AIV/AIT support (test benches, review of test plans and test results);
- Operations support (review of operations manual, rehearsal and LEOP) and support to in-orbit analysis;
- Conception, initialisation and supervision of corresponding enabling AOCS technology R/D: High Accuracy Pointing, generic AOCS architecture & building blocks, innovative AOCS & FDIR solutions including prototyping and tools development;
- Sensors and inertial actuators technology development: APS, star trackers, sun sensors, Earth sensors, magnetometers, gyros, accelerometers, magneto-torquers, reaction wheels, CMG’s;
- Development and utilisation of the control hardware laboratory (e.g. sensor characterisation and testing);
- Participation to the elaboration and promotion of ECSS standards in the E60 domain.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master degree in a relevant discipline;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in AOCS engineering in European industry or institutional entity;
- Proven experience in the design, tuning, analysis and simulation of AOCS systems in different project phases;
- AOCS HW knowledge (sensors, computer, actuators);
- Exposure to full cycle of AOCS development from phase A to phase E is an asset;
- Knowledge of AOCS AIT at subsystem and system level;
- Proven knowledge of commercial model-based design tools (MATLAB);
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from December 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Ms Chiara Grossardi clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ASAP but no later than 23-Sep-19 quoting job NL-HP-4170.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!