Antenna & Sub-Millimetre Waves Engineer
- Reference NL-HP-4812
- Location Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Closing date 14 June 2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Antenna & Sub-Millimetre Waves Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Antennae & Sub-Millimetre Waves Engineer Section, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support Antenna Test campaigns within the ESTEC Antenna Laboratory, including test definition and preparation, test execution and delivery of data/test report to the customer;
- Perform testing activities in Spherical, Planar, Cylindrical Near Field, Compact Range and Material RF Characterisation facilities, including test plans and test setup preparation, operation of the test ranges and analysis of test results;
- Perform research testing activities that challenge the current state-of-the-art in space antenna testing, aiming at enabling new testing capabilities and fulfil the needs of future ESA space missions in all space applications (Earth Observation, Navigation, Science, Telecommunications, Human Space Flight and Space Transportation);
- Support the Antenna Laboratory Maintenance and Equipment Calibration activities;
- Support to Antenna Design and Modelling activities;
- Hands-on antenna modelling and testing support to projects.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree in Engineering;
- General background in antenna technologies and experience in antenna testing (preferably in the space domain);
- Good working knowledge of Near and Far field antenna testing systems;
- Capability for performing activities related to all aspects of radiative antenna testing and integration of antenna systems in an autonomous way;
- Experience in maintenance and calibration of general RF antenna laboratory test equipment and instrumentation;
- Experience with handling of space hardware is considered an asset;
- Good working knowledge on antenna systems and design approaches;
- Good working knowledge on latest antenna design and modelling software tools;
- Proactive attitude to solving problems;
- Good organisational skills;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands. We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Tobias Bruns, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-HP-4812 before 14-Jun-22.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA