Advanced Networks Systems Engineer
- Reference UK-HP-4435
- Location Harwell, UK
- Closing date 31 January 2021
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Advanced Networks Systems Engineer to support our customer in the United Kingdom.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the space SME, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Design, modelling and simulation of satellite systems;
- Actively contribute to support and delivered elements of a novel system design, generated simulation results and analysis into projects;
- Contribute to white-papers, patents, international standards and/or publications;
- Support diverse and exciting projects across the space sector, covering ground, space and user segments, as well as communications systems;
- Data management.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master degree in a relevant area; or a Bachelor in an appropriate STEM subject;
- 2 to 3 years of experience in one or more of the following the areas of:
- Communications system design: End-end network design, for broadcast or mobile packet data networks DVB, 3GPP, and IP routing and security architectures and protocol simulation and analysis;
- System wide dynamic simulation;
- System Resilience and Availability: Analysis of failure modes and techniques to improve availability and reliability of systems;
- Experience in space sector is an advantage.
This job is located in Harwell. We welcome applicants who are available from January 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Viktoria Panicharova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job UK-HP-4435 before 31-Jan-21.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!