Executive Secretary (20 hours)
- Reference UK-HP-4210
- Location Harwell, UK
- Closing date 03 March 2020
Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space. We are currently looking for a secretary to support our customer in the United Kingdom.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Estates and Facilities Management Team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Day-to-day support to Unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training;
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests;
- Analysing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation;
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of unit personnel;
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the unit;
- Organization of agenda and of meetings;
- Maintaining documents libraries for the unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users;
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the unit and taken minutes of coordination meetings for the unit;
- Support to visitor service: including access control, preparing visa applications, distribution of information material;
- Data collection, extraction from various Corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is and asset;
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes);
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage;
- The ideal candidate should act professional in all dealings with ECSAT staff, contractors and visitors, highly flexible, efficient, well organized and have an eye for detail.
This job is located in Harwell. We welcome applicants who are available from March 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English) to Mr Leandros Foteinias clicking on the button “Apply for this job” ASAP quoting job UK-HP-4210.