Administrative Assistant to Language Services
- Reference FR-HP-4636
- Location Paris, France
- Closing date 31 May2022
HE Space is a successful international space company. For nearly 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to Language services to support our customer in France.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the French Translation Section at ESA Headquarters in Paris, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Format the Word documents produced by the French and German translators, ensuring in particular that the layout is correct, coherent and in line with the standards of the Agency, and double-checking the spelling and grammar; this implies the assembling of texts when a document is shared between two or more translators, the reformatting of complex documents (budgets, annual accounts, etc.) and the creation of tables and figures using various software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others);
- Incorporate amendments to the documents, tables and figures;
- Upload the French version (and occasionally the German version) of official documents in the Agency’s online publication system “esa blue-docs”, liaising with the Information Technology technicians as necessary;
- Archive the original documents and the translations in the local databases;
- Maintain the translation archives and propose modifications of the folders and sub-folders as necessary;
- Assist in the preparation of specific documents by making electronic document comparisons (track changes function), retrieving/pre-translating recurrent parts and making searches in archives and documentary databases;
- Provide support for the use of specific tools by creating html bilingual files for the search engine (DtSearch) and creating and preparing tmx bilingual files (alignments) to be transferred into the translation memories (SDL Studio);
- Liaise with secretaries and the official documents distribution unit to ensure that documents are published on time;
- Transfer the updated content of the translation memories and DtSearch content to the external translators on a quarterly basis or more often if necessary;
- Maintain leave records for the Section;
- Record the translation requests in the follow-up excel files;
- Create dedicated sheets for each document using the appropriate template and copy the completed sheets into the workflow;
- Transfer the translation requests to the respective section heads;
- Keep the section heads informed of the status of the documents in esa blue-docs as well as of any special translation request outside esa blue-docs;
- Keep a record of published and cancelled documents.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Good educational background (secondary education) and substantial secretarial and administrative experience;
- Thorough acquaintance with Word and Excel and familiarity with PowerPoint;
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and customer focus;
- Flexibility and responsiveness;
- Willingness to work hard under pressure;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- French mother tongue with excellent command of spelling and grammar;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of the German language is an advantage.
This job is located in Paris. We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr Leandros Foteinias, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job FR-HP-4636 before 29-Mar-22.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
HE Space recruiting for ESA