You have the right to be informed about your personal data. At HE Space we are transparent in our business conduct and recognise privacy as a fundamental human right.This Privacy Statement is meant to help you understand what information we collect, why we collect it, and how you can update, manage, export, and delete your information.
If you have any questions relating to the processing of your personal data, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HE Space Operations B.V. HE Space Operations GmbH
Keith Muirhead (MD) Robert Rouse (MD)
Huygensstraat 44 Flughafenallee 24
Space Business Park
2201 DK Noordwijk aan Zee 28199 Bremen
The Netherlands Germany
Tel.: +31 71 341 7500 Tel. +49 421 430 4230
Data Protection Officer
Raluca Gabriela Popescu
HE Space Operations B.V.
Tel.: +31 71 341 7514
Personal data we collect
At HE Space we can organise your personal data into two big categories: information you provide us with and information we collect as you use our web platform. HE Space does not purchase personal data from data brokers or other sources not in the two categories above.
- Information you provide us with
This includes all information contained in your Curriculum Vitae, details of your currently employment contract, personal information you share with our Recruitment and Human Resources departments, media material, and any other information provided to us by you.
- Information we collect as you use our web platform
When you use our website, we collect information about your activity. We automatically collect certain information sent by your internet browser when you use our online platform. That information includes your IP address, search engine used, links clicked, and search terms used. We further record the time and number of your visits.
HE Space uses Google Analytics to measure and evaluate access and traffic to the website and create reports for our site administrators.
How we use personal data
We process your personal data for several different purposes, all on the basis of a lawful basis, as such.
We process your personal data for the purpose of your employment contract. Information collected for this purpose shall only be processed insofar as the processing is necessary for the performance of your contract with us.
There are instances where processing is necessary in order for us to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject. This refers exclusively to the processing of salary payments and requests from the government or local tax authorities.
Primarily, we use your personal data to ensure that HE Space is offering our customers the most suitable candidates, at the same time seeking to match our employees with the best possible positions.
Candidates may provide their applications containing personal data via our website or by standard mail. With consent of the Candidate, HE Space shall store the data provided for a period of up to 24 months. We store the data on the basis of Art. 6 I a), b) and f) EU Data Protection Regulation. Our interest in storing and processing data is to submit an applicant to our customers or to offer the Candidate a position. The Candidate has the right to withdraw their consent at any time and to request deletion of their personal data.
In addition to the purposes listed above, any further processing of your personal data shall only take place by means of your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by using the Data Subject Withdrawal of Consent Form given to you upon On-Boarding and available at all times on the Company Intranet.
How to access and control your personal data
Your rights under include the following:
• The right to be informed of what personal data of yours we hold, how we obtained it, and how long we intend to keep it;
• The right to have your personal data rectified in the event that it is inaccurate or incomplete;
• The right to, at any time, withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data;
• The right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
• The right to request the erasure of your personal data;
• The right to transfer your data, i.e. data portability.
Your rights above can be exercised free of charge by contacting us as described above, in the Introduction section. HE Space shall verify your identity before taking action on any request for access to information.
If you feel that your rights have been infringed, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your national data protection authority.
Keeping your personal data secure
We shall take all reasonable and necessary steps to protect your personal data.
• We shall not sell your personal data nor transfer it to any third parties other than our data processors who will be contractually bound to process your data only in accordance with our instructions and to keep your personal data secure.
• If we deem necessary to forward your data to other HE Space offices, within the HE Space Group or Undertakings, your data shall be passed on to them upon consultation with our Data Protection Officer.
• We shall not keep your personal data for longer than it is necessary for the stated purposes except to the extent required by law.
• We shall not forward your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
• We shall not share your personal data with third parties outside of the EEA.
About this Privacy Statement
We change this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will not reduce your rights under this Privacy Statement without your explicit consent. We always indicate the date the last changes were published and we offer access to archived versions for your review. If changes are significant, we’ll provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of Privacy Statement changes).
We want to be as transparent as possible about the changes we make to our Privacy Statement. In this archive you can see the previous versions of the Privacy Statement. We’ve also included a page that compares the current Privacy Statement to the previous version to make it as easy as possible to see what has changed.