Satellite Operations Engineer
You will be part of a Spacecraft Operations Team within the flight operations department.
- Support to the commissioning and routine operations and preparing for future satellites:
- Support to platform subsystems, payload instruments, on-board software management, satellite simulator and ground segment operations interfaces;
- Produce and maintain the corresponding operations documentation and flight procedures;
- Trending and performance analysis of the platform and payload;
- Investigations into satellite anomalies;
- Participation in the satellite on-call support rota;
- System and operations preparation for satellites;
- Provide inputs and review the definition of system and satellite operational concepts;
- Review space to ground interface specifications and flight operations manuals as well as support the definition of tools and processes.
Skills and experience
- University degree in a relevant discipline
- Spacecraft operations engineering for Low Earth Orbit (LEO), 3- axis stabilised spacecraft with responsibility for one or more platform subsystems or instruments during operational validation, commissioning or routine operations phases;
- SCOS-2000 based mission control systems and MOIS operations preparation tool;
- Demonstrated experience in satellite performance monitoring and reporting aspects including anomaly analysis and solving in liaison with satellite industry, procedure change control and configuration management processes;
- Experience in the operation or development of satellite ground segment facilities;
- Specification of system and operational concepts, facility requirements;
- OBCPs and PUS;
- Fluency in English is mandatory.